Sunday, May 12, 2013

90 degrees....mid May??!! This just sucks out loud...


Hopefully this isn’t a sign of things to come this Summer. Then again, why the hell not. Might as well be miserable in more ways than one eh?
What really concerns me is how this foot is going to affect me the rest of the year. I've been so focused on my One Foot Funk that I haven't given it much thought. The next two events are covered, Angels Hands and the Ronald McDonald House, but what about after that? I can't keep depending on others. Something I am going to have to resolve fairly quickly is how to drive. That may actually be as simple as taking the boot off and driving, then putting the boot on when I get somewhere. That doesn't solve how to get the knee scooter from the car to me, but I have a few ideas. I've mastered stairs, though it's extremely tiring to go up more than five or six stairs at a time.

This week will likely be one of the hardest yet. To tell you the truth, not sure how I am going to get through it. Sorry, don't mean for this to turn into another WLB post.

If you read my blog yesterday you know that Mother's Day doesn't do much for me, so it was pretty low key today. Even managed to squeeze in a 2 hour nap. I prefer to sleep with the boot on, mostly for protection. Also it reminds me when I get up to not walk on it..

Put together a proposal for work to change the way we handle certain types of computer peripherals for laptops, we'll see where it goes. Could save the company a lot of money if they are willing to at least take a look at it. Right now we use brand specific peripherals, and I am suggesting making the transition to a generic device that could be swapped from one make of laptop to the next, eliminating the need to replace them each time the laptop is replaced.

 Placed another grocery order from www.dailygoods.com today, as usual I used their website. Very easy to use, you can even look at previous orders and include some or all of those items in your current order. HINT...The produce is fabulous, and I am VERY picky. I found out why. When they pick my order, they pull the produce from the stuff that is so fresh it hasn't been put out yet, not the stuff that's been pawed through by the public. If you'd like more info pls let me know. I mostly use them for produce, dairy and the sales they have each week. They do a GREAT job. My order is 100% correct every time I order.

Check out this great video by Anthony from Daily Goods...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BeEi-dq7Y4

Here's to trying to have a decent attitude this week, and at least getting to Throat Punch Thursday without killing or maiming someone...Just kidding...kind of..


No comments:

Post a Comment