Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Music

Been thinking about the people in Oklahoma, lost lives, homes and businesses reduced to sticks and bricks. Miracles of people living through it, pets found..and lost. People losing everything, having to start over from scratch. Kind of puts things in perspective. I think over the last few months I've managed to lose that perspective, that look up out of the herd mentality. Been focusing more on my foot than looking past it, at life, because it's still racing by. I've managed to misplace my sense of humor as well. It's likely hiding behind my mad place.

A friend of mine suggested that I turn to music. Music has always been very healing for me, motivation when needed, as well as comforting. So in my spare time that's what I have been doing, expanding my music collection, organizing it, listening to it, etc. It really as made a difference.

Lunch with my little ten month old granddaughter was awesome. I am just amazed at her personality, it's developing daily. And she learns so fast as well. We confirmed today that she likes strawberry ice cream..Watched her remove the lid from her treats can by hooking her bottom teeth on the lid (picture a container that looks like a can of Pringles). She then proceeded to dump out the entire can so she could get some treats..hilarious!! The kid is already foraging for food.

Speaking of food, took a moment today to enjoy a chew of red licorice..Don't usually eat much candy though you wouldn't know it from looking at me. Sometimes it's the simple things....

No comments:

Post a Comment