Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Smokin' Bones...sucked.


Been waiting for a while for this new bbq restaurant in Bountiful to open called Smokin Bones. They finally opened about a week ago. All the comments on Facebook have been very positive including saying that they are selling out of their food each day…Sounds great, doesn’t it?! So Tiffany, Dani and I go over at 11 am, when they open. Walk in the door..Sign says “out of ribs”!!! Are you shitting me? a bbq place that’s out of ribs…when they open?? Owner says that the meat that was delivered was frozen and unusable..sigh..ok..Give me the brisket, side of beans and coleslaw. Their bbq sauce was just ok, and the brisket was greasy and chewy.  Absolutely no taste to the coleslaw or the beans. The coleslaw sauce is vinegar based, but you can’t taste the vinegar. The cornbread was drier than a popcorn fart. Long story short, $35 for three people to have lunch there, won’t be going back.

I’m trying to figure out if I’m an asshole magnet or just being more cognizant of what’s going on around me when I’m in public because I’m either on the knee scooter or on an electric wheelchair. There I was, driving through Walmart on one of their carts, minding my own business.  People running their carts into me, cutting me off while I am following Tiffany who’s helping me shop..So I can say yes, the assholes that shop at Costco also evidently shop at Walmart. Not necessarily scientific, but applicable.

It’s now being determined that fireworks were used for the commission of that horrible crime in Boston.  Where are the anti-gun people at on this??!! When a gun is used in the commission of an atrocity the cry goes out across America to ban guns. Why aren’t these same people who blame guns blaming fireworks??!! In my mind it’s EXACTLY the same thing. But there isn’t an outcry… Why?  

The Angels Hands Kite Fly is in 2.5 weeks. Initially I had cancelled my participation as I’ve been in a pretty dark place with this freaking foot.  But I’ve come to realize I want and need to be there. Won’t be able to do much, but then again I’m told all I do is stand there and give instructions anyway…..

Survivor sucked tonight…

No comments:

Post a Comment