Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Induction Cooking



Induction Cooking
I’ve been using a NuWave Induction Cooking Station and cookware for a couple of months now.  The base is on sale right now at Shopko for about $90, normally $130. And remember that you need to use special cookware, it has to have a steel bottom on the pan. The Shopko deal right now includes a 9” fry pan.

Pros:
Fast fast pan warmup, digital heat control at your fingertips.More energy efficient than a gas or electric stove. Excellent when you need lower exact temps for sauces, etc.

Cons:
Cooling fan on the base unit is a bit noisy. I didn’t have much use for the controls that will let you time the different stages of cooking. You need to use a different type of cookware.  I suppose you could use this cookware on an electric or gas stove, but only use it on the NuWave base.
This sounds crazy, but I swear food tastes better cooked on the Nuwave. I still boil water on my electric stove, but mainly use the Nuwave now for most of my cooking needs. I will likely buy another one.

Cooking tip:
Don’t just blindly cook your food like you’ve always done, or like it says on the package. Use common sense, and also remember to TASTE it.

Kids belong to the State..What a Skadouche!

Going to meet with the rest of the wannabees for the Homeowners Board tonight, should be interesting…I am pretty sure they’re not going to like me..lol..more to follow on that.
Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment