Saturday, April 20, 2013

RMH House, Popeye's in LEHI???!!


What a day. Lazy Saturday morning, then cooking at the Ronald McDonalds House this afternoon.  Couldn’t have done it without my grandson GS1, he carried everything and did my bidding. Oh, proud Grampa moment, he made a Chicken Noodle Soup, by himself. That means he cooked the chicken, mixed it, decided how much of each ingredient to put it, spiced it himself, the works!!! This young man is 15!!

A total of nine soups were made, all of which could have been served at any gathering.  Everything from a White Chili to Cheesy Potato Soup, my Kitchen Cupboard Chili, they were all amazing…

I did try the Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup from Trader Joes, used it to make a vegetarian soup, just cut up some broccoli in it. I was surprised, it was actually a pretty tasty soup. Next time I am at TJ’s I will have to pick up some more to keep in my pantry. I also tried the Roasted Union Red Pepper dip from Pirate O’s.. Tasty, a bit sweet for me, I would have liked some heat in it, but I will buy it again for get togethers.

Pet Peeve time…We actually get a Popeyes that we can go to (there’s one on Hill Air Force Base, but most of us can’t get on the base) and they build it in LEHI??? Are you kidding me? Of course, that’s better than Long John Silver’s.. You get to drive all the way to freaking Rock Springs WY for it… Of course, we have been blessed with a Habit Hamburger Grill (actually two, one in Sugarhouse and one in Farmington)  excellent chow at VERY affordable prices. Get there early for a #1 Char Burger Combo, containing the Char Burger, Fries and a Drink for under $7.

Late breaking news, there’s also a Popeye’s at the Airport..sigh…

Ttfn..

No comments:

Post a Comment