Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday's Rant

Spent the day sitting on my ass (what else is new). Been shoveling out my office, going through papers, filing, organizing..Looks better than it has for the last six months. Filled three huge garbage bags with junk, glad GS1 came over to take them out for me.
 
Pulled out three USB hubs, figured out I only needed two, reran all the cabling, and labeled each cable and slot in the hubs. Looks much better. Next I'll work on the stack of networking equipment on the other side of the desk, it's a mess as well..
 
Of course, didn't go anywhere today. No sense in it unless I have to, way too much work to get ready, then climb those damn stairs that have one railing. The stairs really are the worst part, trying to hop up them on one foot. Going down stairs however is a different story. I have to be careful not to take too many at a time, gravity is not my friend. It's been interesting, I've found as I get older my sense of balance is worse, much worse than when I was a younger man. No idea what that's about.

Slowly coming to grips with the whole broken foot thing, resigning myself to the fact that I'm screwed until it's healed..period.. It affects EVERY facet of my life, from going to the bathroom to not even being able to carry my own food. I tried making my own breakfast this morning and then managed to dump it all over the floor. That was fun, getting down on my hands and knees and cleaning it up.. I was so pissed off I threw it all away.
 
My wonderful Daughter Tiffany and my Grandson Michael came over today and cleaned the house, took out all the garbage and did some other things that needed to be done. I really do appreciate them doing it. I just feel bad that I can't do it myself. Usually I keep a pretty tidy home. And it was a mess so I was more than a little embarrassed. 

Well, tomorrow is another day of sitting on my ass...we'll see what happens..

No comments:

Post a Comment